Korle Bu Maternity Block not on fire – PRO

The Head of Public Relations at Korle Bu Teaching Hospital, Mustapha Salifu, has debunked reports that the Maternity Block of the facility caught fire on April 6,Tuesday night. In a press release on Wednesday April 7, he stated that “What happened was an air-conditioner switch in one of the restrooms of the doctors started emitting smoke which was detected by staff on duty at around 9pm yesterday” “The staff on duty quickly used fire extinguishers to put out the fire before the arrival of the Ghana National Fire Service(GNFS).” He further explained that the babies were moved to another block on the same floor as per precautionary measure. According to Mr Salifu, normal operations have resumed after an assessment by the Fire Service indicated that there was no further threat of danger to either patients or staff. “We wish to state no patient or staff suffered any casualties or injury and we wish to commend the staff on duty for their alertness and professionalism,” he concluded. By:Shirlin Blanksn McCarthy/Allgatemedia

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *